The player controls allow you to pause the workout, jump between intervals, and quit the workout as well as to finetune the music while the player is running. For this tutorial, we used The Player as an example but the player controls work the same way no matter which of our players you choose to use.
Here is a video that will show you how to use the player controls.
The player controls are hidden from view when not in use. You activate them by moving your mouse or simply hitting your touchpad. When you are done using the controls they disappear from the screen. The standard settings will show you:
- Quit: Use this if you want to leave the workout.
- Jump back: This will allow you to jump back to the previous interval in the workout.
- Pause: This will pause both the workout and the music.
- Jump forward: This will allow you to jump forward to the next interval.
- Synchronize music: This feature is set to active by default and ensures the music stays in sync when jumping between intervals or when pausing the workout.
If you choose to deactivate "Synchronize music" you will now have the option to control the music, using the player controls on the left, and the workout, using the player controls on the right. This is normally used by instructors to finetune the music to match the workout if the two get out of sync. If you pause the music, the workout will continue to run and vice versa. When the music has been finetuned to the workout, "Synchronize music" takes the correction into account if you reactivate it.